This year you can send the sweetest cards featuring adorable critters and festive stockings. The Sweet Stockings Suite is packed with mix and match images that you can use to fill your stockings with joy.
The tutorial below combines the Sweet Little Stockings bundle with the elegant Peaceful Place Specialty Designer Series Paper to create sweet, simple card with a non-traditional colour scheme and lots of detail!
Peaceful Sweet Stockings Card
1) Cut Soft Succulent cardstock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score at 4-1/4" along the 8-1/2" side. Fold to create the card body.
2) Die cut two pieces of Soft Succulent cardstock with the large tag die from the Stockings Dies. Use the Paper Trimmer to trim off the flat end of each tag so they are 4" long.
3) Randomly stamp the branch image all over each tag with Evening Evergreen ink. Adhere tags to card.
4) Stamp kitty image on Shimmery White cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Die cut with coordinating die.
5) Stamp greeting on Shimmer White cardstock with Evening Evergreen ink and die cut with small tag die.
6) Die cut two each of small, medium, and large stockings from the Peaceful Place Designer Series Paper. Die cut three scalloped stocking tops, and two sets of stocking toes and heels.
7) Assemble the stockings and adhere 3 to each tag.
8) Die cut a bow, holly leaves, and two branches from Early Evergreen cardstock and holly berries from Shimmery White cardstock. Add the die cut elements to the stockings with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
9) Colour the stamped kitty with the Basic Black and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. Add kitten to a stocking with a Stampin' Dimensional.
10) Tie a bow in about 6" of Basic White Baker's Twine. Adhere tag to card with Stampin' Dimensionals and add the bow with a Glue Dot.
BUNDLES:#156798 Sweet Little Stockings Bundle, (#156282 Sweet Little Stockings stamp set, #156288 Stockings Dies)
PAPER: #155574 Evening Evergreen, #155776 Soft Succulent, #101910 Shimmery White, #156394 Peaceful Place 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 Cm) Specialty Designer Series Paper
INK: #155576 Evening Evergreen, #132708 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, #144608 Stampin' Blends Color Lifter, #154843 Basic Black Stampin' Blends Combo Pack, #154904 Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
TOOLS: #152392 Paper Trimmer, #149653 Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine or #150673 Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
ADHESIVES: #104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals, #152813 Stampin' SEAL, #103683 Glue Dots, #110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue
EMBELLISHMENTS: #155475 Baker's Twine Essentials Pack
TIPS: When colouring with Stampin' Blends, you can use the Color Lifter to fix areas that you colour outside the lines. You can also use the Color Lifter to remove a bit of colour from coloured areas to create highlights in the colouring. Think about where light might hit the image and remove just a bit of colour from that area.
TAKE ME BACK TO THE TOP