I am a big fan of kits! They offer a lot of bang for the buck and they make it simple to create awesome cards.
The Gorgeous Posies Project Kit includes the supplies for 16 cards (4 each of 4 designs) and a sturdy storage box that is great for gifting. You can add the coordinating Gorgeous Posies stamp set for more design options or use greetings you already have.
Many stampers make the cards just exactly as they are designed and some stampers like to tweak the designs a bit by adding extra layers or additional embellishments.
For this tutorial I will show you how to step-up the design by adding cardstock and foil layers and creating panels.
Let's go create something beautiful!
1. TrimTrim 1/4" off of the top edges of the printed card layer so it is 5" tall.
2. Rotate and TrimRotate the printed card layer and trim 1/2" off the edge with the large Blackberry Bliss flower so the layer is 3-1/2" wide
3. Cut StripsPlace the card layer on the paper trimmer with the 5" side parallel to the cutting track and the 3-1/2" side along the bottom or top ruler. Cut 1" off the left and right edges. The centre section will be 1-1/2" wide. Keep strips in order so the image stays correct.
4. Layer StripsCut Mint Macaron cardstock to 4" x 5-1/4". Adhere to Blushing Bride card base. Adhere the two outside 1" strips to the Mint Macaron layer so they are 1/8" from the top, bottom and sides.
5. Add Centre StripCenter the middle strip and adhere in place.
6. Stamp GreetingStamp Greeting from Gorgeous Posies stamp set with Blackberry ink onto circle laser-cut tag.
7. RibbonAdd a line of SEAL+ vertically on the card to hold the zig-zag of ribbon. Lay the left end of a 10" piece of ribbon near the bottom from left to right. Then fold it back towards the left and then back to the right so it makes a short backwards "Z" shape
8. Punch and LayerPunch Gold Foil Sheet with the 2" Circle Punch. Layer stamped greeting circle onto the gold circle. Add the layers over the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
9. Add Die-CutsAdd the die cut flower and leaves from the Gorgeous Posies kit to the top left of the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals and Glue Dots.
TAKE ME BACK TO THE TOP