Let's Cheer You Up! - FREE Card Tutorial
LET'S CHEER YOU UP! - MISTY MOONLIGHT - CARD
Have you noticed the NEW 2020-2022 In-Colors? If not, check them out online or in the Annual Catalogue starting at page 140, where you will see the inks and paper to go with the many stamps available to us. When it comes to stampin, just remember the basics: stamps. ink and paper. For this card I am using the Lovely You Cling stamp set (pg 22), and I am featuring Misty Moonlight as the first of our new in-colors. I CASEd this card from my friend Selene Kempton, you will be surprised at how easy it is to make it. Enjoy my tutorial.
Along with Lovely You stamp set I am using Tasteful Labels dies, Layering Squares dies and Layering Circles dies. I added Just Jade ribbon to add a bit more colour, the DSP is Flowers For Every Season. Enjoy!
1. Product I usedCard Base is Thick Whisper White - 8 1/2"x 5 1/2", Layer 1 is Misty Moonlight CS - 5 1/4"x 4", and same CS for the scalloped tag (3 1/4" square) and for the sentiment tag (2" square). Layer 2 is Seaside Spray - 5"x 3 3/4', DSP is a 2 5/8" square and I used a scarp piece of Whisper White to stamp and die cut the sentiment tag. 8 1/4" of the Just Jade ribbon is the final item on my list.
2. Building Focal PieceI die cut the scalloped tag using the largest of the Layering Squares dies. Adhere DSP (2 5/8" square) to the scalloped tag
3. Layers 1 and 2Adhere Seaside Spray Layer 2 to Misty Moonlight Layer 1.
4. Adding Focal PieceAttach the floral Focal Piece to the layers.
5. All On-Board to Card BaseNext step - adhere the layers to the card base
6. A Little HelpAdding a short strip of adhesive will help you with placement of the ribbon
7. Ribbon EmbellishmentLayer the ribbon over the strip of adhesive, hold off trimming it till you have the tag attached.
8. Sentiment TagThe Misty Moonlight tag was die cut using the larger of the two circles of Tasteful Labels dies. I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink and die cut it using the 2nd smallest (1 5/8") circle die from Layering Circles dies.
Adhere the two to each other with regular adhesive.
9. Crafter's Best FriendsAdd at least 3 Mini Dimensionals, can't live without the popper-uppers!
10. Finish CardMount the sentiment tag and your card is finished.
TAKE ME BACK TO THE TOP