Tropical Oasis Suite Spotlight & Watercolour Card Tutorial
Tropical Oasis Spotlight
The Tropical Oasis Suite is the perfect way to take yourself on a tropical vacation, if only in your imagination! The Timeless Tropical stamp (#151497) set is blooming with classic island images like hibiscus flowers, palm trees and pineapple. The coordinating In the Tropics Dies (#151495) cut out the stamp images, but also include additional coordinating images that make crafting beautiful projects as easy as a stroll on the beach!
The coordinating Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper (#151252) is a gorgeous explosion of colour while the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder (#151503) and Tropical Oasis Trinkets (#151253) add the perfect splash of texture and detail.
This lovely card features watercolouring, ink splatter, and a textured background created with die cut flowers. I think you'll bask in the lovely colours and enjoy a little mental vacation while you create this beauty!
Be happy, create and stamp a little ....
VIEW THE TROPICAL OASIS SUITE ONLINE HERE
- Cut Rich Razzleberry cardstock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score at 4-1/4" along the 8-1/2" side.
- Die cut scrap Rich Razzleberry cardstock with the small triple-flower die from the In the Tropics Die. Repeat die cutting about 17 times.
- Arrange the flowers around the edge in a single row, varying the sizes randomly. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Glue Dots to adhere the die cut flowers to the Rich Razzleberry card.
- Die cut 5 small leaves using the three small leaf dies from the In the Topics dies. Cut one of the spiky embossed leaf from Pretty Peacock cardstock. Cut one each each of the solid embossed leaf and the open leaf pattern from both Pretty Peacock and Old Olive cardstock.
- Stamp one large and one small flower image from the Timeless Tropical stamp set on scrap Shimmery White cardstock with Jet Black StazOn ink. Allow ink to dry completely.
- Use an Aqua Painter to watercolour the large flower with Terracotta Tile and Rich Razzleberry inks. Use Pretty Peacock and Crushed Curry inks to watercolour the flower centre.
- Watercolour the small flower with the Aqua Painter and Blueberry Bushel and Blackberry Bliss ink. Allow ink to dry completely.
- Die cut flowers with coordinating In the Tropics dies.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock to 4-1/2" x 3-1/2".
- Squeeze Pretty Peacock and Razzleberry ink pads to create a puddle of ink in the lid or add ink to the lid with an ink refill. Use an Aqua Painter to lightly splatter ink on the Whisper White cardstock. One good way to splatter ink is to place the cardstock on a protected surface, ink the Aqua Painter, place the tip of the Aqua Painter part way into it's cap, and flick the tip out of the cap down towards the cardstock. Repeat this with both the Pretty Peacock and Rich Razzleberry inks. Allow ink splatters to dry completely.
- Stamp leaf image from the Timeless Tropical stamp set several times each with Old Olive and Pretty Peacock ink on the splattered Whisper White cardstock. Space the leaves so that the flowers can fit between them. Stamp some go off the bottom left corner and some are near the top and bottom centre.
- Adhere large die cut flower over the stamped leaves and partly off the left edge of the Whisper White cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals. Adhere the smaller flower off the right bottom edge of the large flower with Glue Dots or Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere die cut leaves to the right, and slightly overlapping, the flowers using Glue Dots.
- Add a 2-1/2" strip of Sahara Sand Woven Threads Trim across the leaves with Glue Dots.
- Tie a bow with Whisper White Baker's Twine and adhere to right edge of large flower with Glue Dots.
- Stamp greeting on 2-1/2" x 3/4" Pool Party cardstock with Pretty Peacock ink. Adhere to card overlapping the trim with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Place several Champagne Rhinestone Jewels around the flowers.
- Add a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White cardstock inside the card for a writing area.
SUPPLIES:STAMPS: Timeless Tropical (#151497)
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White (#100730), Old Olive (#100702), Rich Razzleberry (#115316), Pool Party (#122924), Pretty Peacock (#150880)
PAPER: Cardstock 8-1/2" X 11" Shimmery White (#101910)
INK: Jet Black StazOn (#101406), Old Olive (#147090), Blackberry Bliss (#147092), Blueberry Bushel (#147138), Pretty Peacock (#150083), Terracotta Tile (#150086), Crushed Curry (#147087)
ACCESSORIES: Whisper White Baker's Twine Solid (#124262), Sahara Sand 5/8" (1.6 Cm) Woven Threads Trim (#149499), Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#151193)
ADHESIVES: Snail (#104331), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
TOOLS: Aqua Painters (#103954), In The Tropics Dies (#151495)
In case you need any of the above supplies. please support my small business by shopping in my ONLINE STORE - THANK YOU!
TAKE ME BACK TO THE TOP